At times throughout the day children might be involved in:
- Optional workshops with a teacher e.g. Learning how to organise ideas into paragraphs, learning how to write an argument, multiplication strategies workshop.
- Small group learning with a teacher e.g. Guided reading group sessions, guided writing group sessions, maths problem-solving group sessions, spelling group session.
- Individual conferences with a teacher e.g. Touching base in relation to a research task, providing feedback on a piece of writing, getting started with a maths problem-solving challenge.
- Learning co-operatively in peers or small groups e.g. Completing a group research task and communicating learning, attending book club meetings.
- Learning independently e.g. Crafting writing, silent reading, reading follow-up tasks, completing assessments, practising spelling words, practising basic facts.
- Whole class learning e.g. Writing motivation and modelling, maths rich task introduction.
- Syndicate learning/activities e.g. Sports Rotations, Syndicate Singing.
- School events e.g. School assemblies, cross country.