Monday 6 July 2015

Student Voice Survey

We wanted to gather some student voice about the changes that we were making so we asked the children to complete a survey using Google Forms. The questions were aligned to our vision for learning and teaching. Some of the questions we asked were:
  • How do you feel about coming to school? Why? 
  • How are decisions made in GRi11/Pot of Gold? 
  • What decisions do you make about your learning? 
  • What decisions would you like to be able to make? 
  • What does striving for excellence mean to you? How do you strive for excellence at school? 
  • In what ways do you learn with others? How does this impact on your learning? 
  • What are your learning strengths? What areas do you need to improve in? How do you know? 
  • What new digital skills have you learnt this year? 
It was exciting reading the children's comments. Below is a selection of comments:
  • "I feel happy because I have learnt new things and we worked together to build this learning space. I really love coming to GRi11." 
  • "I feel excited to come to school because I like learning/working in GRi11 because it is fun and you can do what work you want." 
  • "We make our own decisions. We build on others ideas and usually find the right choice in the end." 
  • "I think it's great because we always get a say in whatever we do and it's not just the teachers making all the decisions. We all get to vote and majority wins." 
  • "I learn with others all the time because every time I'm stuck or need help I know that someone will be able to help me." 
  • "In Pot of Gold I get to choose how I make my learning better." 
  • "I think that working together makes my work better because there are more ideas coming in." 
  • "In GRi11 we are always learning interdependently and it impacts on our learning because humans only have one brain and two brains can come up with more ideas." 
  • "The matrix helps me with my learning because I know what stage I am on for my learning." 
  • "I feel like it (the matrix) pushes me to go to the next step." 
  • "I really like learning in GRi11 because we have freedom in what we do and when we do it and I like that." 
  • "In Pot of Gold the kids and teachers make decisions together."
  • "I like coming to school because we do fun and amazing things every day."


No comments:

Post a Comment