This learning has involved:
- Children completing learning surveys to develop an understanding of themselves as a learner and to allow teachers to understand children's’ learning preferences.
- Exploring our new vision, learner competencies and values.
- Co-constructing a class treaty that reflects the learning culture.
- Creating a class name and logo that reflects the learning culture.
- Beginning to explore the concept of a growth mindset and the learning pit to allow children to understand the expectation that they need to be challenged and willing to take risks if they are going to grow as learners.
- Completing regular reflections on learning.